Tuesday, March 06, 2007

And She's Off!


So once again, I have let everyone down by not posting in quite some time. Will you find it in your heart to forgive me? I (being Kim, the one who has been left to update this blog that was started by someone else.....ahmmm) have started a xanga page for myself - if you are at all interested, here's the link - www.xanga.com/kimmicle. I will still be updating this page with events and milestones of Allison's life but if you are interested in more frequent posts about random things, you might should check that page out. So on to Allison. It's sad to say but she is no longer a baby, but is now a toddler. Hard to believe, but true. She is using her two little legs as her main mode of transportation these days - walking. She took her first steps at the Lumpkins house about a month ago and then Thursday when we were at the hospital waiting for Miles (Allison's cousin) to be born, she just took off and hasn't stopped yet. I feel like it was the moment that I was most looking forward to for some reason. Everyone has told me that my life would change with this milestone but it hasn't yet (and it's okay with me if it doesn't). She walks everywhere she crawled. And it has actually been a little easier because she hasn't been so frustrated with herself because now she can get where she wants to go.

I don't have a recent video of Allison to post of her walking but this is one from the beginning of February when she first starting walking:







And for another important milestone...discovering toilet paper!

This is Allison's reading nook:


And this is Allison playing in the tupperware drawer:


I will try, try, try (really hard) to keep this updated more often. Please don't lose hope in me.


3 comments:

Crystal said...

How wonderful for you!
And she is too cute. Sitting in the cupboard with her book, is one you should have blown up and framed. She just looks so fascinated with it!

Stephanie said...

I love, lov,e love her little nook. I always loved little spaces like that when I was little. And props to Mom and Dad for making sure she has plenty of books!

rebstar said...

oh my GOSH!!! how am i JUST now seeing this precious, wonderful post?? (3-27-07) i love this!!

the video is so precious...i can't believe how much A and E look alike--at least, i think they do. :) it makes me excited to think about E walking, too!

i'm about to go read the other post (and maybe the xanga, too!). thank you for these photos & video and update!!