Thursday, January 11, 2007

Out with the Bad, In with the Good

The Clevelands celebrated the end of 2006 with a get together. The Lumpkins and also my sister and her husband (Deanna and Mason) came over to help us ring in the new year. We had Chinese for dinner from Fu Lin's. If you haven't had their Hot and Sour soup, you've got to try it. It's the best in town, hands down. Anyhow we were a little skeptical that both Allison and Eleaner (the Lumpkin baby) would both go to sleep and stay that way - but we were so glad that they did. While the babies slept, we all played a very fun game called Wise and Otherwise. I thought I wasn't going to like it very much. It is kind of like Balderdash - which I'm not too fond of basically because I'm very good at it. But instead of making up a definition, you make up the end of an old proverb. An example would be "There's an old English saying: "Cheese and money should always..." Then everyone would write down there response and the reader would read them all, along with the real proverb. Everyone then gets a chance to pick which one is real. We were having so much fun playing the game that we forgot to turn on the TV to watch the ball drop. By the time I got it to the right channel, the big neon sign was blinking 2007. We still shared a toast and then we all proceeded to go to bed. It is not often that we get to stay up till midnight with friends who also have babies.



New Year's day we slept until 10:00am! Unbelievable! Allison woke up at 7:00am - I brought her into bed with us and she went right back to sleep. It was fantastic! Anyhow, we spent most of the day taking down Christmas decor. I did do some reflecting on things I would like to change during 2007. My resolutions include:

1. Lose all the weight I gained while pregnant with Allison
2. Floss more often
3. Be more tidy

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I beg to differ on the hot and sour soup - My vote goes to Fantastic China. Have you had it??

Glad you had a good New Year's. :)

Matt and Kim Cleveland said...

No I have not have not ventured to Fantastic China. Where is it?