Sunday, January 11, 2009

With Every End Is a New Beginning

I didn't like blogging on Xanga too much....so I'm back. With the addition of Dylan, my time to blog is even less so I will mainly just be posting pictures - I'm sure that's what most of you want to see anyways. So since I haven't blogged in over 2 months, I thought I would recap. Most of you already know that Dylan was born on Nov. 10 at 9:24 pm. He weighed in at 8 lbs, 7 oz. He is doing good now after somewhat of a rough start. I took him to the doctor at 3 weeks because he was just really fussy and spitting up a lot. So I just automatically thought it was reflux but the doctor did a stomach x-ray that came out abnormal. Dylan's upper intestine was full of air. So since then, we have been sent to Children's for multiple tests and eventually a biopsy and then on to a pediatric GI doctor, but from all that, they just concluded that his digestive system was immature and not coordinating properly. So gas and poop just get stuck and it takes a while for things to get moving, hence causing the fussiness. And on top of that, he has a bad case of reflux. But we are very thankful for that diagnosis, because it could have been so much worse. So we are now on 2 kinds of medicine for the reflux and it will just take some time for his digestive track to work like it is supposed to. But he is already so much better than he was. He has even been smiling for us in the last couple of weeks (He is now 9 weeks old). I was lucky enough to catch one on camera:

Allison has done wonderfully with him. She has not been jealous at all. She just excepted him as part of our family from the get go and loves on him and wants to hold him. She originally was a great big help but the help has slacked off a little (I guess the newness has worn off).

The dog however has had some jealousy issues. Here is where I found him the other day -

With the new year, I am going to try to blog more. I have several posts I would like to catch up on including Christmas, New Years, and Allison birthday...so stay tuned.

No comments: